Scottish Deer Centre
We are commited to monitoring and reducing the impact of our activities on
the enviroment, and as a result, we have established a number of
enviromental objectives which are reviewed regularly:
- Efficiency-we aim to install energy efficient lighting and appliances where possible.
- Recycling-we are commited to reducing, re-using and recycling as much of our waste material as possible.
- Fair trade-we will use fair trade products where viable in our coffee shop, this will ensure the enviromental impact of using these products is respected and smaller farmers have a stronger position in world markets
- Local Produce-we strive and stock and sell locally produce where possible, this will reduce the impact of transportation on the enviroment, and support our local economy.
- Education-we will educate our customers about their role about conservational and enviromental awareness
- Bio-diversity-although we have many captive species we will strive to support wildlife within our site.
- Transport-we will promote the use of public transport to the site where possible and are aware of the impact of visitors travelling to us.
- Training-Our staff are regularly trainned in areas relevent to their roles including enviomental issues and incentives
- Legislation-We will stay abreast of and comply with, all relevent legislation.